In the first episode of ‘The Social Radar’ podcast Cotton Rohrscheib and Keith Crawford discuss a wide variety of topics related to social media, from desktop applications to wireless and mobile apps. Some of the applications discussed in this episode include Twazzup, Posterous, PicPosterous, Ustream U Recorder, Bambuser, TweetMic, My6Sense, Newsstand, Google Wave, Waveboard, Waze, Seesmic (Look, Desktop, Twhirl), Delicious, Diigo, and Toodledo.
In addition to social media applications we also debate the hot “Re-Tweets” versus “mentions” or “via’s” topic on Twitter as well as how trends play an important role in how we receive our news. Keith also discusses his adoption of lists and how he uses them to manage his stream.
Applications & Products Featured:
- Twazzup Beta web client for Twitter
- PicPosterous iPhone App: $Free, share pics and video instantly
- Ustream iPhone App
- Bambuser iPhone App: $Free, stream live video
- TweetMic Lite iPhone App: $Free, post audio clips to twitter
- my6sense iPhone App: $Free, read and share “relevant” content
- Newsstand iPhone App: $4.99, full featured RSS reader
- Waveboard iPhone App: $1.99 Googe wave client
- Seesmic Look Desktop App: Visualize twitter trends & updates
- Seesmic Web Twitter Client
- Toodledo iPhone App: $2.99 To do list app with Outlook syncing
Programming Note: My guest host, Keith Crawford, and I have decided to no longer use the name, The Social Radar, for our podcast. I am publishing our previously recorded episodes to The Cotton Club Podcast for those of you who have requested them.