I mentioned a few weeks back that I was going to start listing a few plugins and themes for sale on my blog for anyone that might be interested. Well, I haven’t quite had a chance to bring anything to market yet that I would consider a “Premium” product so I thought I would test the waters with a free, yet functional, plugin that might be of use to anyone that deploys WordPress projects for their clients. This plugin allows the website administrator to replace the standard WordPress Logo on wp-login.php w/ their own. In addition, WP-Pleth Branding also adds the same image file to the top of all internal management pages inside the WordPress Dashboard. I originally forked two different plugin projects to create something for us to use internally on our own Pleth projects but have had several friends request that I share it with them so I readded some features from one of the initial fork projects and added back the ability to upload your own logos instead of the plugin just automatically defaulting to the
wp-pleth-branding.zip file can be downloaded here and uploaded via WordPress Dashboard by visiting: Plugins > Add New > Upload. If you prefer the old-fashioned method, here are your step by step directions.
- Unzip the
wp-pleth-branding.zipdirectory onto your desktop.
- Using an FTP Client, upload the directory:
wp-pleth-brandingto your websites plugin directory, typically this is located at: wp-content/plugins
- Once the entire directory has uploaded, simply login to your website dashboard and locate the Plugins tab.
- Next, locate WP-Pleth Branding in the list of plugins and activate it.
Out of the box, WP-Pleth Branding comes w/ the Pleth Logo. To replace the default logo file, login to your WordPress Dashboard and locate Settings > WP-Pleth Branding. From this page you will be able to upload your image.
Notes / Helpful Hints:
For best results, make sure you are using a transparent .png file that is no larger than 325px wide X 65px in height. For more information or for technical support, please refer to my blog: http://cottonrohrscheib.com/blog
Developer: Cotton Rohrscheib
Website / Blog: http://cottonrohrscheib.com/blog
Corporate Website: http://pleth.com
Version History / Changes:
- v1.02 (09/12/2012): Released and submitted to the WordPress Plugin Directory
- v1.01 (09/11/2012): Added back some functionality that I had originally removed
- v1.00 (12/05/2011): Released for in-house use only with Pleth Clients.
- Coming Soon! (Cleaning Up Code Right Now!, just keep checking the marketplace link this evening…)